Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I read other's blogs and in complete and total confusion, illnesses, traveling, etc... they blog. I can not seem to do that. I respect then for their dedication but I am who I am and that is just not me! So once again I apologize for the lack of keeping you informed.

Last week while all the kids were sick I pulled my back. I had back surgery years ago and occasionally I will have pain so bad that I can't move or walk. I usually rest and take meds for a few days to a week and then I'm good to go. Well this time with 3 children not walking that has not been possible. Plus John left to go out of town on Sunday to a school he couldn't get out of . To say that the week has been a challenge is an understatement. We have managed and today I am even feeling better and stronger. Praise the Lord! That is my excuse for not writing this week...LOL!

I wanted to try and write a little about the babies. I tend to write more about Hannah because her adjustment has been so amazing and the changes in her so great. So today I'll tell you about our little Audiya.



She is such a precious joy to be around. She is quite and very snugly! She smiles from where ever she is when I walk into the room. Her smile could melt the biggest chunk of ice and always warms my heart! In the past 5 months since we returned she has gained about 8 lbs. She wore 0-3 mo cloths, and a size 1 diaper. Now she is in 9-12 month clothing and a size 3 diaper. She has gone from not being able to even suck a bottle empty to eating all kinds of blended foods. She doesn't have to have cereal in her bottle to keep her from choking, although she still doesn't like thin liquids. That has been and still remains a challenge with her. She loves food and gets very upset and loud if you don't get it to her as soon as she is in her high chair. 

Audiya couldn't even began to hold up her head when we first came home and was like a newborn in every way.  She can not only hold up her head but can sit with assistance. She can sit up straight in her high chair with no help at all. This little one who had no eye contact with us and didn't move when we brought her home can now scoot all over the place. She will crawl to her toys, pick them up, and play with them. She loves her jumper and sometimes I think she will  launch it into space the way she jumps. This is the baby who I thought might be blind and have CP because her arms were so tightly clinched against her chest and she never moved her eyes to look at anything. How exciting it has been to watch her come out of her shell and to see her little personality show its self. 

Every day I realize what a miracle my sweet baby girl is and how blessed John and I are to have been given the privilege of being her parents. I know this is short and to the point but if I am going to blog this is how they will probably be. :) Thanks for sticking with me!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures but I had to take them with my phone. I didn't charge my camera! :(













3 comments:

  1. Anytime you blog is ok with me. No worries. So sorry about your back, hope you are feeling way better. Love the update on sweet Audiya. I knew she would blossom once home, amazing what a loving family can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the update. She sure is cute and looks like she is doing great. I can't remember how old she is -- can you remind me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care when you update! I'm just thrilled that you do! You DON'T have to apologize! I mean its not like your busy or something- jeez :)
    They look great I love the transformation in Hannah, amazing! Thanks sooooo much for sharing! I tell people about you often. You are such a great example!

    ReplyDelete