Thursday, January 24, 2013

I am sure anyone that usually reads this thinks that I have disappeared and the children along with me. I am happy to report that we are all alive and well. I promised pictures and updates after our Christmas trip but when we returned home we all came down with some horrible sickness. I had Strep Throat and flu and all of the kids were sick with fever, colds, cough, you name it! Finally after three weeks we are all well and on our way back to feeling healthy again. Then last night Hannah fell while getting off of the couch and hit her head. A trip to the ER and four stitches later we returned home. Today she is feeling okay but has a really bad head ache. We are just going to take it easy today and relax...well at least she is. I am going to finish the 8 loads of laundry I didn't finish yesterday and try to clean my house a little.

I have to brag on my husband some. Since we have returned from the Ukraine 4 months ago I have only cleaned my kitchen a handful of times. He will either clean it at night after dinner or in the morning before work. He said he wanted to do something to help ease the load for me and this was what he chose to do. It has been amazing to get up every morning to a clean kitchen and clean dishes in the dish washer! He also helps me every night to bathe all of the kids and get them ready for bed. He then brings me a cup of hot tea right before we go to sleep. Now it has taken me 32 years to train him but if you are persistent there is a wonderful pay off...LOL! Thanks Honey!!

Everyone had a great time on our trip and Hannah did very well considering we were in the car for 2 days and then at my daughter's house for 9 days. She had met them all on a trip to another daughter's house so at least most of the people were familiar to her. She fell in love with my son-in-law Josh and he with her. She would sit with him and snuggle until she fell asleep every night when he returned  from work. He is a youth pastor at a local church. Since coming home we Face Time with them often. I should say Hannah will crawl and get my Ipad so that I can get them on. She will then sit for hours watching and listening to everything they do. She has a complete melt down when the Ipad dies or they have to go. For now I have it hidden so that she can have a break as it was upsetting her so much. It breaks my heart because I know she wants to be there and loves them all so much.

All of my children and their spouses fell in love with the children. It does my heart good and makes me so proud to know that I have such loving adult children and that they will always make sure that these children are well cared for. I know there were some of them that were skeptical about us adopting again, and at our age.  I love the fact though that they trust we did what God called us to do and support us completely. I also am grateful that they just accepted and fell in love with the children just as we did and would now be willing to care for them if needed.

Here are some quick updates and each of them.:
Hannah is walking some with her walker but doesn't really like to. She has braces for her legs which she also doesn't like. We have gotten her new wheel chair which is amazing but again where she would push her old one by herself, she refuses to on this one. So pretty much she doesn't like change...lol!

Angel is crawling up on her knees and is into everything. She feeds herself finger foods and is beginning to drink from a sippy cup. She can stand by herself while holding onto something but has not figured out that she can sit down if she chooses so et mad when she is ready to sit! Although she pulls up to her knees she hasn't pulled all the way up to her feet yet. She is a joy to be around and we have so much fun with her. She is quite stubborn about different things and when she gets angry it takes her a long time to calm back down. :) She now has her 2 bottom teeth, two top teeth, and two top back molars. She turns two years old this Monday!

Audiya is our little snugly sweetheart. She is almost always happy and content. She loves to be held and I think would do that for ever if we didn't insist on her trying to do more. She is now eating blended food and loves it. She still takes a bottle for her fluids. She rolls all over the floor and is very close to scooting on her belly. She is now able to sit in the bombo chair for about five min. and can pull herself up to sitting in her high chair. She gets tired of holding her head pretty quickly but is getting stronger almost every day! Audiya has her two top and two bottom molars and nothing else. So strange...LOL!

As always I will do my best to update you but I can't make any promises. The pictures that follow are ones that we have taken over the Christmas holidays and since. I know there are a lot but I just decided to put them all on so you can see the whole gang. Hope you enjoy!! All of the kids in the pictures are my grandkids!

Podge and his baby girl!

 Christopher and  Ava

Hannah Banana!

Angel!

Angel and Jake!

Madison and Josiah!

Madison

My son-in-law Josh, daughter Elizabeth, and Podge!

My daughter Faith, Ava, and Hannah Christmas morning!


My two youngest daughters, (other than Hannah and the babies :)), Elizabeth and Maria!

Olivia!

Faith, Ava! Olivia and Ava are Faith's daughters! Josh is her husband!


Charity, (my oldest daughter), and her daughter Emma!

Jake belongs to Faith and Josh!

My daughter Hope and her husband Jamie!

Ria!





Josh and Podge!

Podge was a little tired after all the activities!LOL!

Auntie Hope helping Santa!



Hannah and her favorite person ever!







LOL!

It's a long story!



Faith is expecting our 11 grandchild!


My niece Desiree and Shane with their youngest Abby! 



Podge and his girls!





Corianna is Desiree's oldest daughter!


 Meric!






My son Brandon and Elizabeth!



















Hannah with my mother!



Uncle Brandon and Uncle Jamie helping Santa by putting Olivia, Ava, and Jake's new swing together. It only took two days in the cold...LOL!






All done!!!





Faith turned around and Hannah stole her coffee. Then she wouldn't give it back. She thought it was so funny!





Brandon and Brandee! 


This is what would happen every night! So sweet!



Jake and Uncle Jamie...LOL!

Abby in a box!!!




Podge is her favorite!


These were taken after Christmas when we returned home. Angel's birth parents sent gifts to all the kids and candy to us all! It was so sweet!







Angel feeding herself!






Stuck under the table!


She is so good about doing her breathing treatment!


That's it! Have a great day!





6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful family! Enjoyed your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness, your life is at a never slowing pace! Love all the pics. Angel looks so much older! Glad Hannah is ok. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all these photos of your beautiful family, Evelyn! Your three newest girls are changing so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanna, They are changing almost everyday. They are so precious and we enjoy them so much.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this update! Your family is so big and growing, I love it! Looks like fun times together. The relationship with Hannah and your son in law is so sweet. What a blessing that your adult children are lovin on your newer ones and they support you in this.
    Thanks for sharing all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We feel so blessed at our age to have these angels and I am forever grateful that I have such amazing adult children!!!

      Delete