Sunday, January 27, 2013

Good morning all! I am really going to try and give quick updates more often but who knows...LOL! I read some other blogs where women who are much busier than I who write faithfully on their blogs. I just don't get how they do it. My one excuse is I am older...can I use that? HA!

Hannah fell Thursday night while trying to get off the couch, We didn't see where she hit her head but I am assuming it was on the coffee table. She split the back of her head open and had to get 4 stitches. It was about an inch long. Now I don't panic over blood or kids getting hurt but I have to admit I did freak out a little. I have noticed Hannah loosing her balance more recently and she has fallen a couple of times including last night down the stairs. She hit so hard it broke the banister. Thank God she didn't get hurt. (FYI she has been climbing up and down our stairs since first coming home and has been fine). This could be from possible seizures. They are doing an EEG next month to determine if she is having them or not. It is possible that her tethered cord is worse. That is one of the things they said would be a sign that it was worsening. I am praying that this isn't the case because I can't bear to think of putting her through such pain. It is a huge surgery and the recovery is huge.

We are already looking at doing a procedure called a Malone antegrade continence enema (MACE).  It is also a huge surgery. We feel like this one is necessary for her health as well as being able to care for her when not at home. For you to understand I will just have to say it so sorry for the description. Hannah leaks poop and urine all the time. If she is not leaking poop then that means she is impacted. Kids with Spina bifida, (I didn't know this before we got home), have a difficult time with their bowels because they have damage to the lower part of their body. They don't feel the urge to push it out so it just sits. Since it is not pushed out the body reabsorbs the fluid form it and it becomes very hard. It is a constant battle to keep her bowels moving. If you have them moving it's good as far as her not being impacted but then she is sitting in poop no matter how often you change her. It is also very difficult to change a 62lb kid in a store or anywhere. Her bladder also leaks constantly which means she is wet all the time. She has some reflux into her kidneys but not horrible. We have to keep her on an antibiotic to prevent kidney infections. When they do the MACE they will also do a procedure called Mitrofanoff appendicovesicotomy. They will create an opening in her naval which is where we will cath instead of the traditional way. All this will allow her to be dry and clean. Most kids can even wear underwear. We will have to cath her several times a day and clean her bowels once a day to every other day! Once again though this is a huge surgery and the recovery is difficult. So the idea of having her to put her through two is about more than I can stand. Please pray for us that we will have good doctors that lead us in making the right decision.

Both of the babies will be having hearing test called Auditory Brian Response (ABR). This will done under sedation so we have them scheduled at the same time. I am hoping it will be on a day that John can take off other wise I will be going it alone. It's not painful so it shouldn't be a big deal but anytime you give sedation they are cranky and don't feel well! We also have EEG's scheduled as I said above for Hannah but also for Audiya. We aren't sure if Audiya is having them or not. I sometimes wonder if it a self stimulation thing that she does but it also looks like it could be seizure activity! Hannah has been seen by our pediatrician and he feels like it is definitely seizures but I know that God can do anything and I am praying that both of them or doing this because they spent to much time alone and not because they are having seizures.

Tomorrow is Angel's 2nd B'day. We took her along with my nieces daughter Corianna to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. It was her 6th B'day! My kids, (except for Jo), were very overwhelmed and didn't really enjoy it so I will be getting her an ice cream cake to sing to her tomorrow. The pictures below are from Chuck E Cheese!

I will hopefully be updating again soon. Until then please pray for these sweet babies!



Really bad hair day! :)














The Happy Birthday Girl...LOL!











No comments:

Post a Comment